Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NEW AMP! > > > any recomendations?

Adrian

Well you just have to look at the Hartke LH500 - 500 watts for under £250 and you get a valve :)
Thread to read here:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=26831&view=findpost&p=275905"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=275905[/url]

Other than that try a Mark Bass Little Mark II, or maybe the LM 250 if you really don't need the extra watts

Then the standard questions ... What's your budget, new or used, and what kind of gigs do you do?

Edited by OldGit

Dont blame me !

This does get asked a lot, usually without the useful info that Old Git asked for. And what you usually get in reply is loads of posts telling you to buy what they use, usually without reading the original post, so dont be surprised if you get lots of recommendations for an Ashdown Mag 300 !

My advice is to try and demo everything in your budget, get out to your local gigs listen to the bass, and buy what sounds best to you !

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='360719' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:47 AM']My advice is to try and demo everything in your budget, get out to your local gigs listen to the bass, and buy what sounds best to you ![/quote]
Yup, the best advice. Try everything you can lay your hands on and trust your ears. All we can recommend is what we like, which may not be what you like (e.g. I would never recommend an Ashdown to anybody in a million years, unless they were after a big doorstop or something for bazooka target-practice).

[quote name='OldGit' post='360601' date='Dec 21 2008, 11:31 PM']Eh?
This is the amps and cabs section ...
What's the problem?[/quote]
It got moved from General Bass Discussioon!

Amps - can't praise the LH500 highly enough - if you search you can get it for less than £200 brand new, and it's a stonkingly good amp for the money :)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='360719' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:47 AM']My advice is to try and demo everything in your budget, get out to your local gigs listen to the bass, and buy what sounds best to you ![/quote]
Indeedy. But the Hartke... sorry. :huh:

Try lots, choose, buy :)

You could ask if there are any BCers in/around Tamworth and then see if they'd mind you popping along and trying their amp out. I'm not saying anyone would be up for letting a complete stranger come along and borrow their amp :) but I'd not object to any local newbie having a try of mine (under supervision) and if I knew the person I might be prepared to pop along and let them trial it at a rehearsal (in fact 2 BCers local to me have done exactly that and one of them now owns the same amp!).

If people are polite and sensible you tend to get a positive response... be nice, be happy! :huh: